Dental implants replace natural teeth for patients who have suffered tooth loss due to various causes (gum diseases, accidents). Normally, anyone who is healthy enough to go through tooth extraction and surgery is a good candidate for dental implants. However, people suffering from diabetes, cancer or heart diseases should be carefully evaluated before undergoing such a treatment. Also gum diseases should be treated properly (a periodontal treatment is recommended) before starting any dental implant procedure.
Prior to dental treatment, it is important to inform your dental surgeon about your medical status, as well as all medications you are taking. If you consider dental implants, note that you should have healthy gums and enough bone to hold the implant. You should also maintain a good oral hygiene and pay regular visits to the dentist.
Success rates of dental implants vary, usually, dental implants have a success rate of up to 98%.
ADVANTAGES AND RISKS OF DENTAL IMPLANTS
Dental implants have many advantages:
- Permanent implants contribute greatly to the improvement of patients’ appearance, who will have natural looking, healthy teeth for many years.
- The improvement of the appearance will have a great impact on the patient’s self-esteem.
- Dental implants contribute to easier eating – patients no longer experience difficulties and pain when chewing their favorite foods.
- With proper care, good quality implants can even last for a lifetime.
- Individual implants allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
RISKS RELATED TO DENTAL IMPLANTS
Dental patients who just got dental implants should look after them just as they look after their natural teeth: brushing, flossing, rinsing with antibacterial mouthwash are a must. In rare cases, patients can experience complications after implants:
- Infection of the area around the implant
- Injury or damage to other surrounding teeth or blood vessels.
- Pain, numbness or tingling in natural teeth, gums, lips or chin due to nerve damage
WHY CHOOSE THE PHILIPPINES AS A DENTAL TOURISM DESTINATION
If you are looking for a good clinic where you can have affordable dental implants, a quality Philippines dental clinic might be the answer. Getting a dental implant in Manila is a very good idea, if we consider a few aspects:
- Philippines dentists are very good specialists, trained in some of the best European medical schools
- The prices of the best dental implants in the Philippines are far better than the prices for the same procedures in the US, Western Europe, UAE or Australia.
COST OF DENTAL IMPLANTS IN THE PHILIPPINES
The dental implants costs in the Philippines range between $1,000 – $15,000 (P43,000 – P645,000 in Philippine Pesos) whereas in western European countries, US or Australia the prices can be much higher. The average completed dental implant in the U.S. costs about $4250 and in Australia the implant post costs between $1000 to $3000 and the abutment and crown cost between $500 to $3000.
If we make a simple calculation and consider the numerous advantages offered by a dental implant in Manila, the choice is easy. Contact our clinic for a detailed consultation and a careful treatment planning. Our dentists will offer you a big, beautiful smile that will improve your self-esteem.